Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Lord Empty Me

So it's pretty early in the morning, and all I can think about lately is how GREAT my God is! How he has poured blessing over blessing upon our lives, and yet, for some reason, we still fail him every time!! Why?? I ask myself, why, if we know the consequences, if we know how good it is to be completely emptied of ourselves and filled with the love of God. No other experience in the world seems to be of importance if it's not shared with the creator of you and me, the creator of the world, the creator of everything in this universe. The song by Chris Sligh, has touched my heart dramatically since the first time I heard, it has rapidly become my all time favorite song it says,
"And I've tasted my share of the sweet life and the wild ride
And found a little is not quite enough.
I know how I can stray
And how fast my heart could change.

Empty me of the selfishness inside
Every vain ambition and the poison of my pride
And any foolish thing my heart holds to
Lord empty me of me so I can be filled with you."

That's just a little part of the song, but it just gets me every time...and every time I hear, I can't help but cry and say...God Please..empty ME!! When going through a time in life that I was not prepared for, that we hadn't planned for, I sometimes find myself asking, how are we going to do this, what's going to happen, this wasn't planned, what if we can't make it....after hearing this song, it makes me feel so selfish...it's not in my plan, but it's in God's plan, and God's plan is the only one that really matters.
So as I start my day today, I just want to ask God to please, empty me and fill me with your love, so that I can be a shining spotlight for all to see!! And instead of complaining of worrying today, I'm gonna say Thank You LORD!!!

1 comments:

SandraG said...

Nice blog, keep posting! Love to hear of the way God is working in our lives!