Monday, March 9, 2009

Post 100!!!

Last year, when I started this blog, I never thought I would actually keep up with it, and today, with this blog, marks my 100th post...woohoo!!! What better way to celebrate this commencement than with a post of the proud work my hubby and I have accomplished today...we have made some really good progress in Kaylee's room...yes, finally!! Anywho, last week we added the darker green stripe, and today we painted polka dots on one of the walls. Now, we are no professionals, but I must say, they came out looking pretty darn good, I'm so proud of us!! We also decided to paint some flowers on some white canvas versus painting them on the wall. We bought 4 canvas' and decided we would each paint a flower for our Kaylee and hang it on the wall. Abner got a head start on his today and completed it while I did the polka dots. I must say, I LOVE IT!!! It is absolutely adorable, he did an amazing job!! So here are a few pics of the progress so far. Oh by the way, that's our changing table, the only piece of furniture we have purchased for the nursery :) Tell us what you think of our artistic skills....but please, be kind! The first picture is the before picture of the room :)

4 comments:

Jorge said...

Hey, The room looks great, good job, its fun to work together and see the finished product, did you guys draw the flowers free hand, or did you use stencils??? Either way they look good

Maggie said...

We actually did the circles and flowers free hand...well I cheated a little and did a flower last night, but projected the image and traced it. Abner did do his freehand though! He's much more talented than I am, that's for sure!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Maggie, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!!!! You guys have done an amazing job! Kaylee is going to love looking at those shapes on the walls in such pretty colors! Great job, mami and papi!!!

SandraG said...

Wow, it looks great! Good job!