Sunday, April 5, 2009

First family photo

Just about 48 hours later, and we're still doing fabulous! Kaylee is out of NICU and came to share a room with Daddy and I yesterday around 1pm, we were very excited to have her with us, finally! She is maintaining her temperature very well and feeding very good also. My mom has been a huge help with us from helping me shower, to getting the essentials we didn't have time to go out and get. Friends and family have been texting, calling, commenting and visiting like crazy, which is very much appreciated; it's good to know people are still willing to help and really care about the well being of our family.
Abner has been the most amazing father, husband, friend, helper a woman could ever ask for!! He was the first and actually is the primary poopy pamper changer, for now anyways. It's still a bit difficult for me to be bent over changing her. He has not had any complains and does everything while singing, talking and playing with his baby girl. He has been absolutely perfect. He feeds and is at her every call, as well as mine. Thanks babe for being so wonderful, I LOVE YOU and DEFINATELY could not have done it without you. I'm so lucky to have you.
God willing, we will probably be going home today, if not today, definately tomorrow. It's nice being pampered hand and foot by hospital staff, but we are anxious to go home already! Anyways, just wanted to share a quick update and post our first family picture just minutes after she was born, that one of the Dr's in the OR so kindly volunteered to take :) P.S. see how awesome my God is...I'm sitting there, cut open, and I'm still smiling!!!!! Have I mentioned how much I LOVE MY GOD!!!

1 comments:

Johanna said...

Maggie, I am so happy for the both of you. I knew that everything was going to be just great because we serve an amazing GOD! I was so excited to see her on Saturday, she was just so perfect, so beautiful! I am only sad that I did not get to hold her:( But there will plenty of time for that! You did such a good job, keeping that smile on your face, so strong. God Bless!