Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Update

I must start this post by apologizing to all my faithful viewers for not updating as often. You see, the problem is not that I'm super, overwhelmingly busy with Kaylee, the truth of the matter is that my laptop crashed, and Abner has been working on recovering it. Yea, we have a brand new iMac, but Abner spends most of his free time on it and I hadn't yet figured out how to upload pictures to it. So, Abner's back at work, and now I know how to do pictures...so no excuses, right?!

Anyways, last friday we took Kaylee to her first check up, and she is doing just fabulous! She had already gained a pound, weighing 5lbs 6 oz. The Dr. was astonished and even had to weigh her twice to double check. Abner went back to work on Monday, so now it's just Mommy and Kaylee!! Which was going fabulous, until yesterday, something seems to be wrong, and I can't figure out what it is. I'm assuming it's colics, and so I'm trying to treat that with gas relief drops, sometimes it seems to work, and sometimes it doesnt....so I'm not sure. I think she's just liking to be carried b/c she fusses only when I put her down! She doesn't seem to be sleeping very well the last two nights, so it's been tough. Especially b/c Abner is coming down with something, so he is forbidden to be around her. I give props to all those single moms who do it alone! It sure is tough. I am constantly asking the Lord to give me patience and strength to keep going...sometimes I just break down and cry, but still, I can't complain. I would rather not sleep a day for the rest of my life and have her by my side, than not have her at all!
Well, I could make this a really long post, with so many updates, but it looks as if Kaylee is falling asleep, which means that's my cue to also lay down for a nap! I need to take advantage every chance I get, since I don't get much rest at night! Please continue to pray for the three of us and our health and for lots and lots and LOTS of patience and strength but most of all LOVE!

3 comments:

agarza11 said...

Thanks Hun for being there for us. Your doing wonderful! Isn't Kaylee so beautiful with her spikey hair LOL.

SandraG said...

Chiquita, que chula mi sobrina!

Anonymous said...

Now that pic she looks like Abner!