Monday, December 24, 2007

Happy Birthday Jesus!

So let me start off by saying that I think I've gained about 15 pounds the last two days, all we've done is eat, eat, eat! I guess I can't complain though, b/c every tamale was better than the one before! Anywho, I just wanted to take the time to reflect on the true meaning of Christmas. Yes, we enjoy spending time with our family on these holidays and open gifts and such, but we sometimes forget the real reason for celebrating...it's the day Jesus was born! I can't imagine, going from town to town looking for a place to have my baby...and there wasn't a single room vacant! To have to be born in a manger, where animals are kept, is truly something nobody could ever imagine doing...but that just goes to show how even when God sent his son to be born, he was so humble. He could have prepared an extravagant place where they would wait on him and his birth mother hand and foot, but God chose for Jesus to be born in this tiny manger with really nothing but a blanket to keep him warm. Just goes to show how spoiled we are now adays, where we can't imagine going a christmas without having a christmas present to unwrap. Now, I'm not saying it's wrong, I must admit, I do rather enjoy opening those gifts, but I think, before we go to unwrap these gifts, we need to reflect on why we are here and what it is we should really be celebrating. So I end this post by saying...Happy Birthday Jesus!! I Love you with all my heart and soul and can't wait to meet you face to face!

Here's a photo of the happiest couple I know wishing you all a merry christmas!!

1 comments:

agarza11 said...

God sure does make beautiful people! MERRY XMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR!