Monday, February 2, 2009

Thanks to Anissa & Aliyah

I can't seem to get Anissa out of my head the last couple of days, and I thought I would let you all know why. After my birthday dinner on Thursday, Abner and I went over to my sister Aime's for really good cake and ice cream. As soon as I walked in through the door, Anissa runs to me to wish me a happy birthday and then says, "Tia, Guess what?? I got you something!, I got you a present, and I paid for it with my own money!!" She was so excited, and just seeing how excited she was made me so excited. So as we went into the kitchen, she kept saying "Tia, when are you going to open your presents, open them already!" So of course, I had to open hers first, I pulled it out of the bag, and it's one of those heart shaped chocolate candy boxes, and my heart just melted! She says, "Tia, read what the box says, look..." the box said: For Someone Special...that just did it for me! That very moment made my whole day! Although it wasn't something very big and expensive, she did it with all her heart and it was the best gift I have ever gotten. Aliyah too, was also very excited for what she had boughten me with her "own money," she got me some heart shaped lollipops. Makes me wonder how God feels when we give him just a minute or two of our time and dedicate it to only him. It seems as nothing big or significant, but in his eyes, it must mean the world. These girls are not even my children and it meant so much to me, so imagine us, who ARE God's children and doing something, that to us seems so insignificant would mean so much to him. These girls are the greatest...so Aime, when you read this blog, you tell those girls that they are the best, and I loved their gifts the most!! Here is a picture with the three of us and their gifts for me :)

0 comments: